Allison Daigle #3
I chose to photograph the Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial bridge because I am fortunate enough to live very close to it. I walk by the bridge daily, however I have never had an excuse to stop and photograph the bridge until now. The original concept of the bridge was thought up by a Swiss engineer, named Christian Menn. It's actual design was engineered by Ruchu Hsu. The bridge uses many principals and elements which are uniquely combined to create a beautiful piece of architect while serving as a functional piece of infrastructure at the same time. Lines are used throughout the bridge, in order to hold the base of bridge up. The lines also create positive and negative space throughout the entire overpass. The Zakim bridge was designed to be symmetrically balanced, most likely so that it could function properly, but it also adds visual interest. The bridge also uses the lines and negative space to create a sense of movement. I also see rhythm within the bridge. The way the lines are positioned in the pattern that they are create a rhythm within the bridge as a whole.
No comments:
Post a Comment