This piece was created by Trevor J. Askin and it is entitled, "Circling." This piece is made out of bronze and it is very appealing to the viewers eye. I believe the pice was inspired by fish or dolphins. To me, it looks like the segments are jumping out of water, like these sea creatures do. I find this piece very soothing because it reminds me of the beach. I love the curves in the sculpture, not only in the positive space but also in the negative space as well. The curve the three segments make is very interesting and it gives the sculpture character. There is clear movement in the piece, and it is accentuated with the title. The segments seem as though they will continue circling around and around. The smoothness of this abstract piece is very appealing as well, and provides a soothing effect.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Erica Markle #5
This piece was created by Trevor J. Askin and it is entitled, "Circling." This piece is made out of bronze and it is very appealing to the viewers eye. I believe the pice was inspired by fish or dolphins. To me, it looks like the segments are jumping out of water, like these sea creatures do. I find this piece very soothing because it reminds me of the beach. I love the curves in the sculpture, not only in the positive space but also in the negative space as well. The curve the three segments make is very interesting and it gives the sculpture character. There is clear movement in the piece, and it is accentuated with the title. The segments seem as though they will continue circling around and around. The smoothness of this abstract piece is very appealing as well, and provides a soothing effect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment