I chose this piece because it is so unique. There is so much wire used in the horse, that there is barely any negative space in the piece. But that much wire also gives the piece texture, along with the careful placement of the wire. The form of this horse is extremely intricate and it looks as though it was probably extremely difficult to make. I like how with wire that makes the tail is curled to give it a different look than the rest of the horses body. I also found it interesting how the artist depicted the mane. The mane is much different looking than the rest of the horse, theres no wire filling the space, but i think that creates a good visual contrast.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Erica Markle, #4
I chose this piece because it is so unique. There is so much wire used in the horse, that there is barely any negative space in the piece. But that much wire also gives the piece texture, along with the careful placement of the wire. The form of this horse is extremely intricate and it looks as though it was probably extremely difficult to make. I like how with wire that makes the tail is curled to give it a different look than the rest of the horses body. I also found it interesting how the artist depicted the mane. The mane is much different looking than the rest of the horse, theres no wire filling the space, but i think that creates a good visual contrast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment