Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Allison Daigle #1

1. I would definitely recommend this reading to any friend. The excerpt provided guidelines in order to achieve success in class, and in every day life. The author touched upon different concepts throughout, however the concepts helped to build towards the main goal of becoming successful with every endeavor a person may face. First, the author introduced the seven characteristics of creative thinking. Then, we learned about balancing rational thinking with intuitions. I personally enjoyed this section, because it provided specific examples using real life situations. A person can also look to their daily surroundings for inspiration. The reading also explained how self knowledge is essential because it creates so many more possibilities for an imagination. The end of the reading stressed the important of research. Brainstorming, sketching in our sketchbook, and keeping an open mind were all ideas the author proposed in order to be successful.
2. The reading had different points that left an imprint in my mind. First, I could relate to the area of goal setting. Also, the explanation on time management will definitely help me in the future. Distributing tasks, creating sequences, and self reliance were all points that I could relate to. In my other courses this semester, a lot of reading has been assigned already. I can now manage my time, and hopefully not procrastinate when readings are due.

No comments:

Post a Comment