Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Allison Daigle #6

After completing my first two years of college at UMASS Boston, I realized that it was time to choose a major. I had completed all of my general education classes, and knew it was time to figure out what exactly I wanted to do in life. I often thought about majoring in accounting, sociology, or even economics. I had enjoyed these areas of study at Umass, but I knew that I had to be happy in whatever career I ended up choosing. I finally realized that just because I enjoyed those specific areas of study did not mean I should obtain a degree in that field. I found that what I enjoyed the most in life, and what would make me happy on a day to day basis, was fashion. I knew that Lasell had an excellent program, and I wanted to major in fashion merchandising. After being accepted and starting the program at Lasell, I realized it was a perfect fit. In hindsight, I don’t think I would have done anything different. Even though I did not enjoy Umass, I was able to complete the mandatory classes at a lower cost. I am grateful for not feeling rushed into choosing a major as a freshman, and being able to thoroughly think my career path through.

No comments:

Post a Comment