Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jill Palmer #3-Creative Process

As the president of my high school DECA program, I was responsible for running and being in charge of our many fundraisers, all of which required these stages. One event in particular where I encountered a situation that required these stages was our welcome back dance. Our major concern was making sure we raised at least enough money to break even. We needed to make enough money to pay for the cost of the DJ, police, custodians, chaperones, food, drinks, and other expenses before we even thought about making a profit. As a class, we brainstormed ideas and came up with different ways to advertise for this event. After the dance, it turns out we made enough money and made a profit as well. We surveyed the students and asked them how they found out about the dance, this way we would know which method of our advertisment was most effective. We analyzed the data and found that most students were aware of the dance from the facebook group we made. From then on, we used this form of advertisment. In hindsight, I don't think I would have done anything differently. The creative process worked out well for me and the dance turned out to be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment