Monday, November 1, 2010
Mariah LeBlanc #6
My senior year of high school I was given the task of planning our school's Victory Dance. It is held the same day every year; the Friday after thanksgiving. Every student in our school attends the dance, and looks forward to the evening. With so much pressure on my shoulders, I wanted to make sure I took my time, prepared wisely, and did not forget anything. Planning began in September with our first meeting. I had made announcements the previous week, and there was a large turnout at the meeting. The biggest problem to figure out, is what would the theme of the dance be? At our first meeting we brainstormed many themes. They included jungle, beach, fairytale, Arabian nights, Hollywood, and a romantic evening. The following week I held another meeting where the committee voted on the top three themes. After the committee had narrowed down the top three themes, we brainstormed again, though more intensely. The committee took each theme and brainstormed as if that was the theme chosen for the dance. At the end of the meeting we took another vote and chose our theme for the dance. The theme chosen was beach. In the weeks following I mostly had to plan the dance. Week after week the committee was loosing members and a lot of the planing fell on my shoulders as well as my advisor's shoulders. I had to buy decorations, design the tickets, find a DJ and photographer, buy concessions and much more. The student council helped to set up for the dance the Wednesday before thanks giving, and Friday morning, the day of the dance. In the end, after a lot of hard work, it all came together. It was interesting that my vision for the dance in the beginning was completely different in the end. Though, it couldn't have been better. The dance was awesome, and everyone had a wonderful time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment